BSPOA members are eligible up to $500 in matching funds per year (50/50) for treatment and removal of six targeted invasive species: buckthorn, honeysuckle, canary reed grass, phargmites, Japanese knot weed and autumn olive.
Application Procedures are as follows:
- Members should submit the 50/50 grant application to the Program Administrator for approval before the work begins. The application is available on the BSPOA website.
- Members select a contractor who is certified, licensed and follow DCIST/WDNR accepted standards. The DCIST maintains a list of certified contractors for the current year: firstname.lastname@example.org or phone: 920-746-5955.
- Members submit the written bid from the licensed contractor, along with the 50/50 grant application to the Program Administrator for approval before the work begins.
- Members contact the 50/50 Program Administrator to schedule a site visit before and after the work is completed.
- After the final inspection is conducted by the Program Administrator, the matching funds will be paid.
Failure to follow all 5 of the grant program application procedures will result in the application being denied. Contact the Program Administrator(s) if you have questions regarding the grant program or application procedures.
Note: BSPOA and its agents do not represent or guarentee that the work performed by the contractor is or will be in compliance with the contractor's bid/contract with the member. BSPOA and it's agents sole function is to pay half the cost (up to $500 per year, per member) for the removal of invasive species.